Decadent Chocolate Coconut Brownies
May 4, 2020
These are a rich desert. If you love chocolate and coconut you will be in heaven. They are extraordinarily rich so even the most ardent chocolate lovers won’t be able to eat more than 1. They taste like mounds or bounty bars. Great for a special occasion.
- 6 ounces dark chocolate broken into chunks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
¼ cup of coconut sugar (or brown sugar if you do not have coconut)
- Generous dash of vanilla extract.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut flakes
- One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips semi sweet is best
- Line an 8×8 brownie pan with foil leaving a generous overhang. Ensure the foil is tight to the sides of the pan. Spray with baking spray. Heat the oven to 350F
- Place the dark chocolate the butter in a microwaveable bowl and cook on high power to melt. About 1 minute should do it. Stir and reheat again for 20 seconds if you cannot stir to smooth. Add the eggs. Sugar, vanilla and whisk until smooth. Add the flour and combine the mixture. Be careful not to over mix it.
- Place batter in the lined pan and place in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- Combine the coconut and condensed milk. If you want to reduce the sweetness use half regular milk. Spread the coconut on the brownie mixture in the pan and top with chocolate chips. Return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and Using a palette knife or a spatula smooth out the chocolate chips. Allow the brownies to cool then place in the refrigerator overnight. The brownies will be quite hard.
- Remove from the tin and place on a pastry board. Heat a jug of boiling water and dip your sharpest knife in the boiling water. Wipe the knife dry. Now cut the brownies into portions. Keep dipping and wiping your knife to get a nice clean cut.
One comment on “Decadent Chocolate Coconut Brownies”
Nancy ParaviciniApril 24, 2020 at 7:45 pm
I will be trying these. Will have to wait so that I can give some away….after covid is under control!! Thanks, Fionn