May 4, 2020
British scones are a delightful light baked item and an essential for your tea party or anytime treat. I made these scones for a Valentine’s Day tea party.
Makes about 8 scones
- 40grams of spreadable butter (1.4 ozs)
- 8 Ozs self-rising flour (225g)
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 110 ml of milk (1/2 Cup)
- A little lemon juice
- Dash of vanilla
- 2 Ozs of raisins
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- Heat the oven to 425F
- Add the lemon juice and the vanilla to the milk. This will curdle the milk slightly help the scones to rise and give a nice flavor to the scones
- Add the baking powder and salt to the flour.